We encourage you to review the following information carefully.
How do we receive information about you?
We receive information (including Personal Information) about you from various sources:
- If you voluntarily provide us your personal details within the Platform by registering to create a Quizterra Account.
- If you use or access our Platform (for example by visiting our Website or the Embedded Items, by contributing content to our Platform or by clicking on certain content or on advertisements);
- From third party websites and services (for example we may receive information from the websites, social network platforms or applications on which the Embedded Items are included).
What kinds of information do we collect?
Depending on which features of the Platform you use, we collect different kinds of information (including Personal Information) about or from you. This Personal Information is necessary for the performance of our contractual obligations towards you and providing you with our services, to protect our legitimate interests, as well as for compliance with regulatory obligations to which we are subject. If this information will not be provided, you may not be able to use our Platform (such as opening a Quizterra Account), or certain features of our Platform. In certain instances, we will obtain your consent to the collection of your Personal Information, as appropriate (in which case, you can revoke your consent at any time by approaching us).
- Personal Information –
We, as well as certain third parties, may collect Personal Information as follows:
- Contact information – this includes your name, email address, your photograph and other information you provide during your registration to the Platform. If you register to our Platform through a social network platform (for example Facebook), you will provide us access to any information you made available on that platform (depending on your privacy settings) and any additional information that you specifically consent to provide us with.
- Technical information – this includes certain technical Personal Information that is recorded when you use our Platform and/or our services (including when you interact with Embedded Items and/or with advertisements), such as your IP address, GCM Registration ID, your browsing activity and actions on our Platform (such as recording of your mouse movements) and your device approximate location.
- User Content you contribute to our Platform – this includes User Content that you publish or contribute to our Platform (for example comments that you have posted, or content that you have uploaded through your Quizterra Account). If your use of our Platform involves certain financial transactions (for example, if you are an advertiser, publisher, partner or customer, with whom we have contractually engaged) we collect information about the transaction. This can include your payment information (for example, your credit card number and other card information), billing, and contact details, as well as other authentication information.
- Communications – this includes comments or feedback that you may share with us in emails and other communications.
- Non-Personal Information –
We, as well as certain third parties, record and collect data from or about your device when you use our Platform (such as when you visit our Website or apps, or when you visit websites or apps that contain our Embedded Items, or when you interact with our Embedded Items). This includes, but not limited to:
- Your operating system version, device settings, hardware information, mobile operator or internet service provider information, browser type, language preferences, time zone, referral domains, the websites and apps you visit, the duration of your visits, your actions on these visits, Google Advertising ID, IDFA, as well as information the developer or publisher of the website or app provides to us.
- Your use and interaction with our Platform (including your clicks on answers to questions presented and other information that you submit), your interactions with the advertisements displayed on the Platform (including your clicks on advertisements) as well as information the developer or publisher of the website or app provides us.
- Further, we also collect demographic information, such as age range, or other demographics data.
This information facilitates our ability to improve our services and personalize your experience with us. If we combine Personal Information with anonymous information about you, the combined information will be treated as Personal Information for as long as it remains combined.
When you visit or access our Platform (including when you interact or engage with our Embedded Items), we use (and authorize third parties to use) web beacons, cookies, pixel tags, scripts, tags and other technologies («Tracking Technologies»).
How do we use the information we collect?
- Provision of our services – we work hard to provide you with a fun and engaging experience on our Platform. In order to do so, we use all of the information that we have (including your Personal Information) to create a personalized experience for our Users and to improve our Platform. For example, we can suggest content that you might like (such as movie polls or sports surveys) based on your activity on our Platform.
- Communications and updates – we may use your Personal Information to communicate with you, for example, we may use your email address to respond to your queries or feedback, inform you about our new features, or send you reminders to complete activities that you’ve started on our Platform or remind you of your password (if you've forgotten it). We may also use your Personal Information to let you know about our policies or important notifications and updates about our Platform.
- Analytics, Surveys and research – we are always trying to think of new and exciting features for our Users. From time to time, we conduct surveys or test features in our Platform, and analyze the information we have to develop, evaluate and improve these features.
- Marketing – – we may use your Personal Information to alert you about upcoming articles, features or events recommendations of additional content, or provide you notifications concerning certain features or content on our Platform. If you have subscribed to our newsletter you may also receive free audience engagement tips and announcements straight to your email account. We may also send you promotional materials concerning our partners' products, which we believe may interest you. You may choose not to receive our promotional or marketing emails at any time, by clicking on the unsubscribe link in the emails that you receive from us. Please note that even if you unsubscribe from our newsletter, we may continue to send you service-related updates or notifications.
- Protecting our interests – we use your Personal Information when we believe it’s necessary in order to take precautions against liabilities, investigate and defend ourselves against any third party claims or allegations, protect ourselves from fraud, protect the security or integrity of our services and protect the rights and property of Quizterra, its users and/or partners.
- Enforcing of policies – – we use your Personal Information in order to enforce our policies, including but not limited to our Terms, Publisher Terms and/or any other obligations under an agreement between us.
- Compliance with legal and regulatory requirements – we also use your Personal Information to investigate and prevent violations, and as may be required by law, regulation or other governmental authority, or to comply with a subpoena or similar legal process.
Interest-based Advertising & User Choice
Through our Platform (including websites and apps operated by us, as well as third party websites or apps that embed our Embedded Items), we may provide advertisements that are tailored to you, for example ads that are based on your recent browsing behavior across different websites, browsers, or devices.
You can turn off certain third party Tracking Technologies used for behavioral advertising purposes by visiting the Network Advertising Initiative or by visiting the DAA opt-out program or the EDAA consumer choice page (if you reside in the EU). Please note that certain Tracking Technologies operate at the device and browser level, so to fully opt-out across devices, you will need to do so on each device and browser individually.
With whom do we share the information that we collect?
- Internal concerned parties – we may share your information with companies in our group, as well as our employees, in order to provide you with our services.
- Business partners – we may share your Personal Information with certain business partners, which include our publishers (who embed the Embedded Items on their online properties) and our demand sources (such as brands, content creators, content discovery tools, advertisers, advertising agencies, advertising networks and exchanges).
- Service providers – we may share your Personal Information with our service providers, such as storage providers (such as AWS), marketing affiliates (who assist us with carrying our marketing campaigns, such as email campaigns), our fraud detection tools, and our analytics providers who help us provide you with our service.
- Legal and regulatory entities – – we may disclose information in case we believe, in good faith, that such disclosure is necessary in order to enforce our policies (including our Terms) take precautions against liabilities, investigate and defend ourselves against any third party claims or allegations, protect the security or integrity of the Platform and protect the rights and property of Quizterra, its users and/or partners. We may also disclose your Personal Information where requested by legal or regulatory authorities having control or jurisdiction over us, you or our partners.
International data transfer
We do not knowingly collect or solicit Personal Information from anyone under the age of 16 or knowingly allow such persons to register as Users. By accessing or using our Platform, you certify to us that you are at least 16 years old. In the event that we learn that we have collected Personal Information from a child under age of 16 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information upon discovery. If you believe that we might have any information from or about a child under the age of 16, then please contact us at email@example.com.
Information collected by third parties
Some of our third parties partners may obtain Personal Information from you if you voluntarily submit such information. We are not responsible for any information collected by such third parties, or their privacy practices. Therefore, you should always review their privacy practices carefully before providing Personal Information to such third parties.
If you reside in the EU (or in a jurisdiction that affords you with the below rights), you may request to:
- Receive confirmation as to whether or not Personal Information concerning you is being processed, and access your stored Personal Information, together with certain supplementary information.
- Receive Personal Information you directly volunteer to us in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format.
- Request rectification of your Personal Information that is in our control (to do that please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org email address).
- Object to the processing of Personal Information by us.
- Request to restrict processing of your Personal Information by us.
- Lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority.
However, please note that these rights are not absolute, and may be subject to our own legitimate interests and regulatory requirements. If you ever decide to exercise any of the above rights or to terminate your Quizterra Account, you may do so by emailing us at editor@quizterra.
If you terminate your Quizterra Account, any Personal Information that you have provided us will no longer be accessible via your Quizterra Account.
We will retain your Personal Information for as long as necessary to provide our services. We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our policies. Retention periods shall be determined taking into account the type of information that is collected and the purpose for which it is collected for, bearing in mind the requirements applicable to the situation and the need to destroy outdated, unused information at the earliest reasonable time.
Protecting your information
We have implemented administrative, technical, and physical safeguards to help prevent unauthorized access, use, or disclosure of your Personal Information.
Your Quizterra Account information is protected by a password for your privacy and security. You need to help us prevent unauthorized access to your Quizterra Account by protecting your password appropriately and limiting access to your account by signing off after you have finished accessing your Quizterra Account. You will be solely responsible for keeping your password confidential and for all use of your password and your Quizterra Account, including any unauthorized use.
While we seek to protect your information to ensure that it is kept confidential, we cannot guarantee the security of any information. You should be aware that there is always some risk involved in transmitting information over the internet and that there is also some risk that others could find a way to thwart our security systems. As a result, while we strive to protect your Personal Information, we cannot ensure or warrant the security and privacy of your Personal Information or other content you transmit using the Platform, and you do so at your own risk. Thus, we encourage you to exercise discretion regarding the Personal Information you choose to disclose.